How Long Do CEREC Same-Day Crowns Last?
The time and hassle of traditional dental crown procedures can be frustrating.
Well, say goodbye to multiple visits and temporary crowns, and hello to CEREC same-day crowns!
Our advanced CAD/CAM technology can create and place custom crowns in just one appointment, allowing you to get the dental care you need without the inconvenience of multiple visits.
As with almost every part of life, technology has increased the speed at which things can happen.
CEREC same-day crowns are a perfect example of this. The quality and materials are still the same high level, but the technology used to produce them has improved.
This blog will answer three questions on CEREC same-day crowns and advise on the following areas:
What makes CEREC crowns so good?
There are several reasons, from the convenience of a single appointment to the quality of the material used.
- Very Durable
- Single visit procedure
- Doesn’t decay
- Stain resistant
- Looks Natural (to match the original)
- Suitable for front and back teeth
- Improved technology
The technology used in designing and creating your new CEREC crown is CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design – Computer Aided manufacturing). This method is a highly accurate way of making your new crown from a single piece of porcelain.
How long do CEREC crowns last?
CEREC same-day crowns last, on average, between 10 to 15 years.
However, they can last up to 30 years with correct care and attention. As with anything we want to last longer, we need to take care of it.
Your New CEREC same-day crown is no different.
Tips for helping your CEREC crown last longer
- Don’t chew on hard objects like ice or pencils. Natural and ceramic teeth can be easily chipped by other hard objects.
- Avoid foods and drinks that could cause stains. Excess red wine could stain your natural teeth, making your crown look unnaturally bright in comparison.
- Avoid sticky or tough foods. These can cause more pressure on your crown and leave a sticky residue.
- Brush your teeth twice each day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Your regular oral hygiene should not change.
- Floss at least once per day. The same as you have done previously.
- Schedule regular dental visits with us. While conducting routine dental exams, we will inspect your dental crowns to determine if they are in good condition. We can restore them if they have sustained damage instead of replacing them.
Our team of professionals is dedicated to your overall experience here at Virginia Dental Solutions. We work hard for you to receive the high-quality, modern dental care you deserve.
Get dental crowns in one visit with CEREC Same Day crown technology! Our custom crowns are strong, natural-looking, and made in a single appointment. Call us today!
Or reach us by:
- Calling us in Reston at 703-437-8811
- Calling us in Ashburn at 703-858-0000
- Emailing us directly at [email protected]
Our offices are located in Reston… opens in a new window to Google Maps… and Ashburn, VA… opens in a new window to Google Maps…, serving surrounding communities of Herndon, Great Falls, Vienna, Chantilly, Fairfax, Falls Church, Annandale, Burke, Brambleton, Landsdowne, Leesburg, Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill, Aldie, Centreville, McLean, Broadlands, and Sterling.